Monday, March 20, 2006

spring

you, what you've been through.
unbreakable, beautiful, bright, a diamond.
i would do anything to be with you on this day, any day.

you're with me, everyday.
when i'm laughing, you laugh with me.
when i'm sad and low, you lift me up.
when i'm a success, you cheer for me.
when i'm a failure, you cry with me.
when i'm about to wrong, you stop me.
when i'm weak, you pray for me.

when i felt like giving up, you saved me.


i die slowly when i think of the days wasted, me being far and away.
so many little stories i'd like to share after a long day. i wish you'd be here so we can gossip in disbelief. and make fun of dad. and analyze why she said what, and why he is calling again.

sometimes i call you twice a day, and you ask "are you ok?" and i want to say "just wanted to hear you" but instead i say "just wanted this recipe..". but then you call me a minute later "your voice is shaky, what's wrong".."nothing, I just woke up.."

they say I have your eyes.
I say I know your eyes. I know the sorrow and the pain. I know the fear of a day that should never arrive if there really is a God.

I know the hope and the faith. in us, what you created so lovingly, day after day after day after day, you watered our lives with love and watched us grow.if we are beautiful, it's because of you.

i am beautiful. and so is he. and so is she. because of you. mission accomplished mom, now it's your turn.
One day I'll spoil you as much as you spoiled us.

may you always be dancing.
may you always be spring.

10 Comments:

Blogger Dry Gin Martini said...

awww, it's Sallouma... how touching. Man I need to go back for a visit soon!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Ghassan said...

SOOO touching!
Say hi to your mom 'de ma part'
(I missed mine)
Happy mother's day everyone.
PS: Spring is here. Really. (well, mathematically at least.)

10:58 PM  
Blogger rouba said...

laila you described her so well. i've met her a couple of times and what struck me abt her was her love of life and unbreakable spirit and dancing eyes. she's truly great!

10:59 PM  
Blogger rouba said...

we're literally hanging by your blog wleee! and i'm on call!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Dry Gin Martini said...

Laila's mom is so funny. She used to make fun of me when my voice was changing back in puberty days =S She's very cool and my family loves her very much.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

laila. i woke up to see your post and now i want to go in a fetal position and sleep some more :)
beautiful post and heartbreaking words. it's so real and honest. now i miss my mom so much..thanks for this post.

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laila....
this is awsome and you brought tears to my eyes!
Beautiful blog, like your mom's smile :)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Laila K said...

thanks guys..happy spring!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laila...I read your post on the same day but I was too overcome with emotion (by what you wrote) and by the phone calls of my children and the outpouring of sentiments,to comment on it .
Biochemist???Haven't you missed your calling? Try writing a book one day!You have a simple way that touches hearts .
Salam and I have always liked each other but now I like her even more seeing her through your eyes.
Odette

8:32 AM  
Blogger Laila K said...

Hi Odette,
welcome!
maybe I did miss it (my calling), but researchis a lot of fun :) (hmmm now is it?)
by the way, that's axactly what she said when I told her about the email, that she likes you too!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home