Monday, March 13, 2006

my lovely..

first of all, i've finally settled on blue (for now). i'm a blue kind of girl i think, i feel this is me. i'm comfortable now and can go on with my life.
second, i just bought my first digital camera over the weekend (i'm so in love with it i have been dreaming about it for months, i take it everywhere and use it all the time and it's getting to the point where i might be losing all my friends by the end of the week)..SO, if you see a lot of wierd-bad-out of the blue pictures, please understand.
ok, back to the point. This is my angel, I call her Sofia. She lives next to the Fine Arts museum and I pass by her everyday on my way to the lab. To me she is more alive than so many people walking around. She's tender, beautiful, thoughtful, and loving. She reminds me of the goodness in this world. (fine, she has big toes, but who's perfect?)
In the winter, she and her baby are covered with a bright white snow blanket..and they look so warm. so peaceful.
In the summer, she has a different flower on her hair everyday. People actually buy her flowers. Tulips in spring. Straw hats and flower necklaces in the summer.
Oh, and I had a great weekend. Learned a lesson, set things straight, saved a friend, and loved another.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dry Gin Martini said...

You know the first thing I did when I got a digicam was take nude pictures of myself and look at them. Have you tried it yet?

5:30 PM  
Blogger Laila K said...

ewwww, no thank you!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i actually refer to my camera in the first person. as in, i'd be talking to my friends and i would go, camera is not here today.. love the picture, it is very tender. had a good weekend too. met new people, finished old business, and celebrated the spring.

5:39 PM  
Blogger rouba said...

laila, i love that statue too.. i would always stop to look at it on Sherbrooke. i never looked at her toes though or i may have changed my mind (you know how i am about feet!) but you're right it is a very tender scene.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Fouad said...

Isn't it sad that our art often expresses more tenderness and love than we do? beautiful post laila..

10:25 PM  
Blogger Laila K said...

hmm, maybe i will name my cutie camera soon too

rouba,i forgot u have issues!

anny, weirdly enough we have no snow right now, but i promise this will change very soon.

fouad, it is, kind of bittersweet..

kantaro baby you're the best! all i want is to spend some time with you.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kantarl Habibi why don't you buy your lovely cousin a camera instead? Beautiful post Laila as always ;)

11:19 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Leila,
I have seen you in AUB on a daily basis few years ago.
This blog made me discover a new side, a new face of you. Or maybe we suck so much as human beings, in that we are unable to communicate when we can.
I am new to this blog wave ( maybe some people would find it offensive to label it as just a wave), but it is an awesome way to see how people think, feel and live.
I loved that post!
Cheers!

1:46 AM  
Blogger Laila K said...

paul, welcome! it's so interesting how different people are off vs. online! take me for example, the bitchy vs. the sweet, respectively :)

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home