Tuesday, March 7, 2006

a good life

I once thought I will never day dream on these hammocks again.
I thought I will not lay on the grass and smell the rain again.
But I did make it to the hammock with a childish smile on my face.in the summer.
and sooner than i think i might pass my fingers through the wet grass and smell my village earth after the rain.
how would you feel, if you realize that you might not stroll through the paths of your life as freely as you used to, back in the days when you thought it will never end?
when i was told, i wanted to eat "janerek", I hadn't had them for years. But it was the summertime. I wasn't sad though, I could still taste them, in my mind.
The only sadness I felt was for the people who loved me.
But to me, I was content. really, i wouldn't have changed a thing.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ghassan said...

I want "janerek" now.
I know what you mean dear.
(More capital 'I's, terrific, am I becoming your good conscience now?)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm glad it ended and you can celebrate the summer soon

4:10 PM  
Blogger Laila K said...

gus, i would die for one green janerkayeh now! one "major" reason i wanted to graduate around april is to make it to lebanon around janerek and green almond season (i'd like to steal them from other people's gardens, like old times, but it might be a bit embarrassing to get caught at this age).
mirvat, how long has it been since our summer days, like 6 years?

6:36 PM  
Blogger Zanzounito said...

carpe diem!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yes. the age of my heartbreak
i think anny is completely ignoring me!!

10:17 PM  
Blogger rouba said...

forget janerek, i would settle for a little bit of sun right now.
it's raining and dark and soddy and my newly cleaned car (which was blue again) is now a muddy brown s--- color. ok i'm
gonna stop whining now.

1:10 AM  
Blogger J. said...

Nice house! I've always been jealous of people who had homes in villages.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Laila K said...

zanzounito, welcome!
anny, ofcourse i am
rouba, i don't think it's really about the car
thanks jij!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Fouad said...

beautiful. I want to see your house in the village.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home