Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Dreams

i'm at the airport, ofcourse the plane is one and a half hours late, there's a really cute guy playing sudoku next to me, it's so cool i'm writing about him and he has no idea. i cant wait to get back home, (he put the game away now and he's having a sip of water...very slowly..) anyway, i got both job offers, and i know which one i'm accepting. i suspected it the moment i applied to that lab.
i suspected it the day i found out that she's opening her own lab.
i suspected it the moment i read her last name as a first author of that mol cell paper (stopped drinking,what is he doing??, i can't look directly at him cos then i'll have to turn my head to the right so i'll be totally busted. ohhhh he picked up the newspaper again-BORING!)
i swear i'm not kidding, and g. knows that. the name catches my attention whenever i hear it or read it or meet someone who owns it. there's something about it.
he's taking off his jacket now oh my GOD and talking to himself.. i think he's swearing cos the plane is late, back to the newspaper, now i looked since he has the newspaper hiding his eyes-i hope!- oh and no ring. oh come on, you all check for rings).
so i'm moving again, that's so so sad. i can't do this again. leaving lebanon was such a traumatizing experience (i remember crying so hard endlessly in my empty apartment night after night, the worst is when i cried in front of the mirror in the washroom after looking at myself and realizing how horribly miserable i looked). now i have to leave this amazing city which softly sculpted me through so many rough and awful and cold and hot times.
i've fallen on its sidewalks too many times it's just gotten too personal.
it lovingly hosted so many extraordinary moments of my life.
(he's not reading anymore, i think he's looking at me and admiring my beauty)
shit that woman just said that our plane is coming from ottawa at 8:47 and they're gonna try to "turn it around" as soon as possible. TURN IT AROUND?? what does that mean?? hello?? i guess it means turn it around to MTL direction?
he's on the phone, ahhh he has a gf?, oh that was short. hmmm..
another phone call. he's french canadian.he's talking about the olympics i guess to his buddy.hold.
another call. "hello. hello?" lower voice i guess its the gf. ohhhhh he has KIDS. "are they asleep or still running around? it's only 8:10 what do you expect?"



"I want more, impossible to ignore
Impossible to ignore
They’ll come true, impossible not to do
impossible not to do"

Cranberries

5 Comments:

Blogger rouba said...

mabrouuuuuuk!
I expected nothing less.
NB i hear there's plenty of ringless/kidless men in boston just waiting to be stalked..
-call me when u're back

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I drank too much porto and fell asleep and then just got ur message as I woke up. Congratulations. I'll call you tonight.

2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congradulations Laila!! I can't wait to see you!!!! I am soooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...

Missed all the developments. So you went to Boston, and are now back in Montreal?

How did the interview go?

Hope it went well.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Fouad said...

I love this post :)

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home