Saturday, February 11, 2006

things...thingies...stuff...

i'm in love with my crappy apartment, my bed and lazy chair, and my laptop and cooking pans..and my 10-yr old hairbrush. and my gorgeous tops. oh and my books i just can't even lend one without feeling a part of me has left! and my kaleidoscope (hand-made and gift from GM, yes i still have it!).
but most of all i love our house back home, i think he's the prettiest thing i've seen..i wish i had a picture so i can show you how sweet he (my house) is. (i don't think he's a she).
the thing is..i think the feeling is mutual. i mean i think things have feelings too! i have 2 toothbrushes and i hate to say that i like one more than the other but i do..and everytime i use the pretty one i feel as if the other one is so sad so i stop and switch so i can sleep at night!! umm, you guys feel that sometimes no?? you do?? i don't need medication, right?
what is it that keeps us longing for things? is it the memories that stick with them, or the comfort of familiarity? why is it so hard to let go of them, are we afraid that our memories will fail us one day and with each lost memory is a dying moment?
i'm pretty sure i have a dysfunctional memory, i mean seriously, my friends have to remind me about some pretty significant personal stuff that happened to me only a couple of years ago! and i'm always so amazed "what? did she actually do that? to me?? after all we've been through..", "oh, how sweet, i can't believe he did that, i should call him.."...and let's not go into birthdays and other people's issues, that's why gossiping with the girls is always so much fun, i'm amazed over and over at the same peice of news! looking on the bright side however, i rarely spill the beans cos i can't remember that there are beans to spill. but on the other hand, i always get in trouble when i remember the beans cos i forget that they shouldn't be spilled..

2 Comments:

Blogger rouba said...

i like to keep things that remind me of people (even if they should be totally forgotten).
And i think you have a pretty good memory, selectively...
and speaking of beans i miss my mom's fasoulia!!!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Fouad said...

yes you forget. It bothers me that you forget so much. Last week you forgot that you loved me. This and next week you might forget why you loved me. But that I would understand. I love you and hate that you forget.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home