Friday, May 12, 2006

ayahuasca


"Hoasca (Ayahuasca) is a hallucinogenic concoction of potent psychoactive plants that are indigenous to the Amazon basin of South America.Ayahuasca is used in largely as a religious sacrament, no matter which culture it is associated with. Those who use ayahuasca in non-traditional contexts often align themselves with the philosophies or outlook of shamanic ayahuasca traditions. This includes citizens of modern Western countries, who put their faith beyond the restricting laws of their governments.

A diet is almost always followed before use, including a day of fasting, to rid the body of tyramines and other contraindicated chemicals; a "dieta" is often followed as well, to spiritually cleanse the body before and after the experience.

Several notable celebrities have publicly discussed their use of ayahuasca, including Sting, Tori Amos, and Paul Simon (who wrote the song Spirit Voices about his experience with the brew in the Amazon)"

The first time I heard of ayahuasca happened during a conversation with a real-estate agent in his car, on a rainy morning in downtown Boston..
- so, what did you do in Montreal
- biochem..
- seriously?
- yeah..i know..
- no seriously?? so you must definitely know ayahuasca
- aya-who?
- it's a tea that we drink, originated in Brazil..and it attaches itself to your brain cells in some
biochemical way..that's why I asked you
- aha..and..what does it do?
- it shows you heaven
- haha cool
- it's not funny
- oh
- it heals
- ok..so it's a hallucinogen
- no not really..it's legal everywhere even here in the states, and God created it at the beginning of time, to give us a taste of heaven so that we can make the right decisions in this life
- but how is it so different from pot for example, I mean how can you know it's a special creation
- because God told me
- oh did he (stop the car now)
- yes. before I met my brothers and sisters I was such a messed up kid, filled with anger. then I joined this church, I started to drink ayahuasca, almost everyday, and I saw God I talked to him, he talked to me,I saw heaven.I still get tears in my eyes when I talk about it
- ok (he's really tearing up, think think think fast fast fast where's my cell phone)..so how does God look like
- he's not a person you know (really?!).. he came to me as a bright white light and talked to me through telepathy
- yeah that's what happens when you're high
- we dont get high, all of us wear white and we drink this tea till early morning and we love each other..my brothers and sisters..
- (oh brother!) so...are we there yet??
- yeah we're almost there, you'll love it it's so cozy
- (I need ayahuasca NOW!)

anyway he turned out to be a real nice guy, and the apartment turned out to be too too cozy for my taste.. now I too want ayahuasca..any "brothers and sisters" who'd care to join me?

(pic: http://www.udv.org.br/)


16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

come here to Brazil (^_^).

what a coincidence! I clicked in Next Blog and now I'm here. I write a lot about ayahuasca in my blog. but its in brazilian portuguese... :(

Light, Peace and Love!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Fouad said...

i'd like some please :)

6:47 PM  
Blogger hakki said...

me too please :)

6:51 PM  
Blogger Ghassan said...

so s4m, tell us where does it take you? and why is it legal?

6:58 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

What if you don't talk to God Telepathically? Can you express dissatisfaction and get your money back?

7:15 PM  
Blogger Dry Gin Martini said...

what a funny story, crazy cooks are a dime a dozen in the US, from presidents to real estate agents.

PS: take me to your dealer!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

want some too please..

7:41 PM  
Blogger the perpetual refugee said...

Is it decaf?

7:10 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Hit me up with some sister!

10:00 AM  
Blogger FZ said...

very cool... yes, please pass it down... :)

10:39 AM  
Blogger Charles Malik said...

Hmmm... Is it safe?

4:11 PM  
Blogger Laila K said...

well well well, we make a nice little group here..the problem is that we have to join this church or else we aint gettin any (unless we accept s4m's invitation!)
mar, sadly not :(
PR, i have a feeling its not
LP, i have a feeling its not :)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Hashem said...

ok...I know i was late (I'm always late for the good stuff!!)...but I need some...sister!

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sis.

I will be in Montreal tonite, till tomorrow.

I know a little Ayahuasca-like place in Montreal you and I can go to. It's called Amir.

How about it. Will be there at 8:30.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home