Friday, April 28, 2006

my yummy Lebanese potatoes


..or the King of Fries. On Hamra.
ok people, next time you visit Lebanon, and please do so soon, a word of advice, do not, and i repeat, DO NOT, miss out on Malek El Batata, the bestest ever potato sandwich maker in the world. I'm not kidding.
and yes, they do deliver until wee hours of the morning, the best time for "sandwichet batata" before going to bed. with their specialty coleslaw sauce, oh god, it's a sin. and it's heaven. all at the same time. you get the picture.

(pic taken by Hakki from the car)
jij, this one's for u :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Hilal CHOUMAN said...

walla shahhayteeneh 3a sandwich batata!!
yalla, hamra?

3:44 AM  
Blogger Laila K said...

yalla, i'll be there in 5 :)

9:32 AM  
Blogger Mar said...

Is it lunch time yet!! I'm starving for one of those.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Jamal said...

Really?!

I live a couple of blocks away, walk by the place many times a day, and not once was I tempted to try it.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

He used to deliver at any time to AUH when we were on call! Cant wait to try it again in 2 weeks!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I"m coming to Lebanon in June. I'll make sure to come and visit. I love Batata....

6:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i love his batata sandwich, but honestly the real best batata sandwich is the one i used to get at aub beatch, better yet ammouneh. have you tried ammouneh laila?

4:00 PM  
Blogger J. said...

awesome ;)

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home