Tuesday, May 16, 2006

a bit about me

i love black.
i'm a city girl.
i hate airplanes.
i dont wear heels.
I love watching people.
i love sushi.
i hate injustice.
i was raised in a small village.
i've watched 9 movies in one session.
i hate hypocrisy.
i can't share a bed.
i hate eggplant.
i have 3 scars.
i take a really hot shower when i'm angry.
i absolutely can't draw.
i can smell menopause pheromones.
i love dim rooms.
i still dream of the man of my life.
i am a realist.
i can be jealous.
i snore when i'm tired.
i cant stand arrogance.
i love shoes and tops.
i love creme brulee.
i make yummy chocolate cake.
i cant cook meat.
i adore real men.
i've never been to italy.
i love kahlua.
i'm addicted to olives.
my family is my weakness.
i'm afraid of dying.
i'm a dreamer.
babies make me sad.
i don't like big lips on a man.
i can dance.
i cant memorize.
i hate goat cheese.
i love McDonalds fries.
i dont have huge dreams.
i'm a kid on the inside.
i'm a bitch on the outside.
i get bored very easily.
i used to be a big liar.
i'm addicted to raspberries.
i despise cheap people.
i prefer to hurt than to lie.
i'm agnostic.
i love dark chocolate.
i love german white wine.
i'm a good listener.
i read the last page of a book when i'm still at the beginning.
i try never to judge.
i love cream cheese.
i'm not impressed easily.
i dont have pets.
i often find myself "in love" with two men at the same time.
i swear too much.
i smoke occasionally.
i think men are purer than women.
i believe that to live is to suffer.
superficial people make me sick.
i love tulips.
i hate blind followers of social and religious norms.
i've cheated more than once.
i dont feel guilty about it.
i love massages.
i have love handles.
i love girls' nights out.
i cry alone.
i loathe the concept of the necessity of marriage for a woman to be happy yet i check out wedding dresses.
i believe that only a young revolution can save my country.
i've suffered so much physical pain that i considered giving up.
saying more is not a great idea.

27 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i loved it!
see, doesn't it feel great?
i hate big lips on men too.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a bitch "on the outside"? Just on the outside? Good to know!! (You knew I would be tempted to write a comment on this, no?)
Oh, you know I love you soooooooo much though!
Especially after that sweet thing that you did on Saturday... ;)

3:33 PM  
Blogger hakki said...

... and every line makes you more likeable. More a human.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

That was fantastic so revealing yet not over the top. Kudos!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Dubai Sunshine said...

I love how transparent you are :) Very nice...and I could identify with quite a few of those!

4:43 PM  
Blogger BeeJ said...

Hypocrisy is misspelled

5:31 PM  
Blogger Laila K said...

mirvat, totally
m, i'll deal with you later
H,mia, DS,..thanks :)
beej, thoughtful as always

5:56 PM  
Blogger Dry Gin Martini said...

"i can't share a bed"

Ahem, is that a hint?? :P

"i snore when i'm tired"

And when you're sleeping...

6:11 PM  
Blogger Hashem said...

I hope I'm that self concious!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Ghassan said...

small lips here "why do you think men are purer?" :)
(very revealing... how were you a big liar, anything you want to share?)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Fouad said...

Once you go black.. :)
no seriously, that was very heartfelt laila and I can't believe you don't like eggpplant. Are you crazy??
Seriously now I really loved it. How does it feel to snore while awake?
yiii I can't be serious :)
Mouah ya a7la lalloush bil balad :)

10:26 PM  
Blogger FZ said...

only a glimpse and yet so much
tempting us into the confessional
this was beautiful, laila
i too paused at the 'men are purer' bit :)

11:46 PM  
Blogger jooj said...

Laila,
nice post; loved it.

I think the title should have been: "a lot about most women". You just happen to embody all of them.

>>i think men are purer than women
You're right on the money!

Otherwise, nice blog!

12:00 AM  
Blogger the sabra said...

why do babies make you sad?

3:25 AM  
Blogger Liza said...

Great post! I like the way you write (though I will never understand the addiction to olives - I hate them! :-). Have you tried adding Kahlua to the yummy chocolate cake? That would be amazing!

3:46 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

lahhh, does the wine have to be german too? :)
lose that thing about being bitchy. you're too cute inside out :)

3:52 AM  
Blogger Laila K said...

ok just for clarification, i DONT snore when i'm awake (eh fouad?), once I start doing that I'll let you know :P

lc, yes it is haha
hashem, try it lets see

ghassan and FZ: from my experience i feel that men r more honest more faithful to their beliefs etc..women are kind of devilish :)

fouad, insa serious (bass seriously, eggplants, r u insane)

jooj, thx

the sabra, they're just so fragile and vulnerable and innocent..i dont really know why exactly i feel this way :S

she, i'll try that asap! (how could you hate olives??)

eve- khalas i think i'll just stick to the wine from now on :P

10:00 AM  
Blogger Mar said...

Women are devilish and way more complicated than men.
Can't share a bed... Thats a big one.
Eggplants are yummy :)

1:20 PM  
Blogger the perpetual refugee said...

Wow, I was a bit depressed before I read this. I feel better now.
Thanks for the therapy.

I loved it by the way.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Laila K said...

mar,how could you understand women so well yet still like eggplant?!

refugee, glad to be of service :)

3:00 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

I'm a woman.Complicated :)

4:34 PM  
Blogger Liza said...

Oh, and by the way, I love eggplant. :-) I love sushi too, though, so I can't be all bad...

4:24 AM  
Blogger Mar said...

Laila, guess what I was for dinner last night? Upside Down Eggplant. Brilliantly translated :)

9:10 AM  
Blogger Charles Malik said...

I have trouble sleeping in general. Throwing a person in the bed, or even the room makes it very, very difficult for me to sleep.

In St. Petersburg, Khaled and I had to sleep in the same hotel room. It was horrible. He snored so loud, I had to physically turn him over.

In Moscow, he slept in another room, but I could hear the snoring through the door and wall. It was insane.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Amal Ziad Kaawash أمل زياد كعوش said...

Men with big lips ..

This is the only thing that made me laugh.

The rest on your list made me draw a smile on the inside :)

Thanks for sharing your inner child, Laila.

11:31 AM  
Blogger nour said...

i like these kind of posts...
considering one myself...

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home