Saturday, June 17, 2006

mushi mushi!


what time is it there? 1 am? 1 pm? i dont know anymore. looks like its 1 pm there's some light outside.
i feel and look like a zombie.
i refuse to have any contact with babies for at least a month. 5 of them cried nonstop on a 13 hour flight. torture i tell you. they made me rethink about having my own. i was sitting next to two of them before a hostess took me out of my misery. one of them later vomited on what was my seat. now imagine THAT.
the japanese r so cute. they actually do the stretching exercises that are featrued on the screen. all together in concert.
unlike the lebanese guys, they dont cheer and whistle after the captain perfectly lands a 2 floor plane (what do you call those).
watched 3 movies meanwhile: matchpoint (not good), dont come knocking (not good), Ashita no kioku (Memories of Tomorrow, awesome, about a businessman's struggle with alzheimer's..i loved it, watched it twice). also listened to Ziad's Shi Feshel. finally.
tokyo airport is so humid and stuffy i hate it.
I met a really cool Japanese painter/artist Makaasi Sato who lives in NY and coming to Tokyo for an exhibition (that's his up there, oil on canvas). he said his paintings sell for an average of $ 80,000. I smiled.
5 hrs to go before next (final) flight. i can do it. i will not lose my mind.

12 Comments:

Blogger Fouad said...

80,000??? see I knew they chose the wrong profession for me... Yalla can't wait for all the stories :)

1:05 AM  
Blogger Hashem said...

Laila-good luck again. Have fun, and come wih good stories.
A baby vomiting? mmm I think somebody shares me motion sickness...even in the planes!

2:15 AM  
Blogger the perpetual refugee said...

My paintings sell for 80,000 lira. Impressed?

2:31 AM  
Blogger rouba said...

mmouwa mmouwa (japanese kiss on cheeks)
glad u made it despite the vomiting kids (they should have a separate compartment)

3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy, that is the flight from hell! Once I flew from New York to Bangkok via Seoul (7 hour layover) on Korean Airlines, which is usually rated one of the worst in the world. I swear it took me two weeks to recover. Then again, you're going to Bangkok. I looooove Bangkok. Have a wonderful, wonderful time you lucky woman, you.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Hilal CHOUMAN said...

u reminded me of the first time i was in a plane with lebanese..
and for my suprise they began clapping and wisteling when we landed.. when i was talking about that incident with my relatives, i discovered that was very .. NORMAL !!
as for japanese, yeh they r cool.. and i laughed alot about the stretching exercises!!

be aware to go to bathrooms every where in japan.. they told me u can find high tech there and i am not kidding.. u can find inside sets of buttons!! they may include fake flush, changing temperature of bathroome chair.. and some flavoured odor!!
don't waste chance!!
i don't know what's the bathroom-situation in china :(

9:28 AM  
Blogger Ghassan said...

Did Sato offer you any of his work to take back home?

1:51 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

I'm not changing my mind. I want to have a chinese/japanese baby girl some day, with silky black hair. ma khasneh :P

3:12 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

That's better than carrying a baby in your lap at starbucks, feeding him a piece of cake, only to trigger a vomit craze on every piece of clothing I had on includding shose. Really liked your post.Toussalle bsaleme.

3:22 PM  
Blogger His_Instrument said...

"i refuse to have any contact with babies for at least a month. 5 of them cried nonstop on a 13 hour flight. torture i tell you. they made me rethink about having my own."

I just finished a post about how innocent babies are......I seem to forget that they have another side to them. What is better, being pooped on or vomited on? I'll take the vomit anyday......the smell of poo never comes out of your favourite jumper....

7:57 AM  
Blogger Zanzounito said...

hamdillah 3a salemeh Laila..I love new adventures!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

who threw up on your seat the hostess or the baby?...lol
$80,000??!! WTF I guess I should've listened to my professor when he said I should be an artist!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home