Saturday, January 6, 2007

very very boring post.


so I'm back in Boston and for all I know the temperature is 17 celsius. + 1 7. I know it's lame to talk about the weather, but it's January. and I'm in Boston. Last year in January when I was in Montreal and the temperature was -17 we used to think that it's somehow mild for January but we'll live with it. Now it's actually hot and you can't wear a jacket even if you want to. I need winter and snow and I want to wear my scarves and hats. I lived in canada for 5 yrs for god's sake, this is not good for me.
but anyway, putting me aside, this is bad. i really think more people should take the two words 'global' and 'warming' a bit more seriously. sorry for boring you, but we need to consciously start working on ourselves and try to stop destroying this place. but what else can we expect from ourselves when we do so much injustice to one another all too gracefully.
pic: it actually did snow once this past fall, on December 4th.thankfully i documented it and so I'm still very hopeful that it will be happening again very soon.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is El Nino and not global warming.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Laila K said...

El-Nino is an indirect result of global warming

'El Niño may function as a kind of pressure release valve on the tropics. In an era of global warming, ocean currents and weather systems might not be able to bleed off all the heat pumped into the tropical seas. Periodically, it has to get rid of the excess that builds up, and that safety valve is El Niño'

7:39 PM  
Blogger ghada said...

this jan.,montreal, sweetie, is almost as warm as boston!!

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toronto's 10 deg.

Laila, for Winter, I'm afraid you might have to settle in Nunavut!

Como estas? Mi prima favorit.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Laila K said...

salata
voy a ir a montreal cerca del compleanos de mi zgheereh. tienes que ir tambien.

12:08 AM  
Blogger rouba said...

at least we're using less gas for heating now
laila call me tomorrow

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry laila :(
but it seems it's too late,
and the waters are coming soon...
so prepare a small bag (one bag laila one!),
choose a nice mountain, and etc. :)

the main thing you said :
"but anyway, putting me aside, this is bad."

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Voy tratar mi amiga.

como encuentro el video de su Sgheera cuando juega el Piano conmigo?

Como va su viaja en Liban?

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mistake correction:

Como encuentras

2:28 AM  
Blogger Delirious said...

buena suerte en tu mision mas dificil de concienca, amiga!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Hashem said...

personally, I'm not complaining....!
yesterday Saturday, temp was 60's.....yes, in Jan.....:)

1:22 PM  
Blogger Zee said...

I suffer also. It is pouring rain here and the temperature is hovering around 50 F (12 C) - disgusting! This is unheard of in this region, "New England"!!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Zee said...

oh Hashem ...
I want to hibernate - will not work without snow!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Mounir said...

Hey guys...it is mid Jan and no snow yet in Toronto area...
Blue Mountain ski resorts tried to pump to artificial snow but it melted and had to shut down...

10:24 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

Tell me about it!
2 weeks in Michigan without a single snow flake :( it was so disappointing. It was unusually cold in Dubai, still is to me.

I heard these two words at least 20 times in a matter of 3 hours when I went to the office in MI: Global Warming, now that's boring? I wonder

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home