Wednesday, April 12, 2006

funny..

..how we act like strangers when we meet
very proper, very friendly..

..how you pass the phone to your girlfriend
to give me directions to another man's life..

..how someone else has now taken my place
in your car, in your bed, in your eyes..

..how someone else's hands have taken yours'
over my skin, through my hair, on my lips..

..how i've mastered to live without you
after i breathed only for you..

..how i fucking hate myself
because i still write for you

..how the 20 year old in me is wondering
"what the fuck is so funny??"

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

thank god we're not 20 anymore :)

2:06 PM  
Blogger Dry Gin Martini said...

am I gonna have to kick someone's ass again? yours included?

6:18 PM  
Blogger rouba said...

i wanted to write a poetic line but my nose is stuffy and my brain clogged so i thought i'd whine instead:)
but i will say the pain becomes part of you

6:29 PM  
Blogger rouba said...

ok here it comes:

"I cannot keep your waves," says the bank to the river. "Let me keep your footprints in my heart"

6:37 PM  
Blogger Laila K said...

M, yes indeed
thanks alain :)
LC, in fact you wont!
rouba, salemtek zghiri

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!

3:28 AM  
Blogger FZ said...

laila, this is a great piece.

here is a bit of Longfellow:

"Thou hast but taken up thy lamp
and gone to bed;
I stay a little longer, as one stays
To cover up the embers that still burn."

6:07 PM  
Blogger Laila K said...

apricot, yes wow..
FZ, welcome and thank you

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home